NO-BAKE LEMON COOKIE FRUIT TARTS
Try these simple no-bake tarts (vegan option) with a date-walnut crust and a creamy filling that tastes just like a lemon cookie! Plus, it’s gluten free and entirely customizable. This would be great for Mother’s Day!
Prep Time: 2 ½ Hours (includes 2 hours cooling time)
- 7-12 whole Medjool dates (pitted — if not sticky and moist, soak in warm water for 10 minutes then thoroughly drain)
- 2 cups raw walnuts (or other nuts such as pecans or almonds)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 12 ounces firm tofu (patted dry and gently pressed in a clean towel for at least 15 minutes, up to 1 hour) or cream cheese if not vegan
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey if not vegan (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (1 lemon yields 2 Tbsp juice)
- 1-1/2 cups mixed fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, mango, or whatever you prefer)
- Press/drain tofu while preparing crust or set out cream cheese for 30 min to soften.
- Add walnuts to a food processor and pulse until a semi-fine meal is achieved.
- Then, with the processor running, drop in dates one at a time through the spout until the mixture resembles a dough. It should hold form when squeezed between two fingers. This will take anywhere from 7-12 dates, depending on their size.
- Line a standard pie or 3 mini tart pans (mini: 4 ¾”) with parchment paper. Divide crust between the pans and press using your hands to form a uniform crust.
- Place another piece of parchment paper on top and use a glass to get it more even and firmly pressed into place. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Set in freezer to chill.
- Add drained tofu or cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, and sweetener of choice to blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down edges as needed. Adjust flavors to desired level of tartness/sweetness.
- Remove crust from freezer and top with lemon filling. Chill to set – at least 2-4 hours – and then top with fruit just before serving. You could also top with whipped cream (whipped coconut cream if vegan).
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a few days. Transfer to freezer for longer-term storage.
Share this post?
BUILD HEALTHY BONE TISSUE
Calcium receives much of the attention when discussing building healthy bones. Calcium is important in supporting healthy bones as does magnesium and other minerals. But vitamin K2, when combined with