Chicken Avocado Pitas
20 mins to make, serves 4
These Chicken Avocado Pitas are quick and easy to make and can be served hot or cold to satisfy your guests in any weather. The bright colors of the cherry tomatoes and fresh avocado will add life to your table and engage any taste bud. Made extra creamy with greek yogurt sauce, you don’t need to feel guilty eating this meal. Enjoy this delicious, fast, healthy meal!
1/2 lb. Organic Chicken breast or strips, cooked
6 Cherry tomatoes
1 tsp Cilantro
1/2 Lemon, Juice from
1 tsp Garlic salt
Oils & Vinegars
1 tsp Olive oil, extra virgin
4 Pita pockets, whole wheat
4 slices Baby Swiss cheese, thin
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- Cut 1 piece of Swiss cheese into each pita pocket.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and garlic salt. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, lemon juice, and half of the Cilanto. Set aside. In a skillet, brown the cooked chicken with the olive oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. While cooking, sprinkle with half of the cilantro.
- Take off of heat and add 1/4 of the chicken to each pita.
- Top the chicken with a drizzle of the yogurt mixture followed by a large spoonful of the avocado mixture, all within the pita pocket. Can be served cold, or grilled on a sandwich maker/foreman grill for 2 minutes to serve warm.