SEVEN PROVEN BENEFITS OF CASTOR OIL
The use of castor oil goes as far back as the ancient Egyptians, who used it to treat eye irritations and as a skincare remedy. Castor oil is a non-volatile fatty oil that is derived from the seeds of the castor bean plant. Here are seven benefits of using castor oil:
- Hair growth – castor oil stimulates hair growth and can be used to thicken hair.
- Healthy skin – castor oil is high in protein and essential fatty acids. It softens and hydrates the skin.
- Acne treatment – It reduces the swelling and redness of acne and kills bacteria that cause acne.
- Cracked heels – Because castor oil is easily absorbed by the skin it is great for dry and cracked heels.
- Stretch marks – To remove stretch marks, rub castor oil on that area and massage it in for a few minutes.
- Glowing lips – Castor oil adds a glossy shine to dry lips.
- Beautiful nails – Massaging castor oil on our fingernails will give you long, healthy nails
Here is a bonus tip for castor oil. For cataracts, try adding a drop or two of food-grade castor oil to the eye just before going to bed. This will allow the oil to absorb in the eye tissue. There are many other benefits of using castor oil such as treating constipation, thickening eyebrows, soothing sunburns, and treating menstrual irregularities, fibroids, and ovarian cysts.
Please see one of our Natural Living consultants for further information on choosing a castor oil product. Castor oil is NOT recommended during pregnancy. Consuming excess castor oil may cause nausea, cramps, and rashes. For questions or for more info, email me at RickATgeorgetownmarket.com.
For the AUDIO Version, click here