ARUGULA SALAD WITH BERRIES/BALSAMIC GLAZE
This festive arugula salad is loaded with strawberries, blueberries, creamy goat cheese and drizzled with the best balsamic glaze!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 people as a side salad
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 8 oz strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 6 oz blueberries
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Glaze*, or added to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp honey or sweetener of choice (optional)
- Place arugula into a large salad bowl. Top with sliced strawberries, whole blueberries, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Drizzle the top with balsamic glaze, adding it to taste and serve. Do not toss this salad. It serves beautifully just drizzled and left as is.
- Pour 1 cup balsamic vinegar into a saucepan and add the sweetener (if using).
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to keep at a simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until reduced by half and lightly coats the back of a spoon. It will thicken more as it cools.
- Transfer to a mason jar or air-tight container, let cool to room temperature then refrigerate for 3 to 4 weeks.
*Reduction time depends on the surface area of your saucepan – a larger saucepan will reduce faster.
Credit to NatashasKitchen.com
Share this post?
OXALATES CAN MAKE YOU SICK
Thanks to a dear long-time customer, I learned about a new book by Sally Norton titled Toxic Superfoods that discusses how oxalates found in many