Grilled Garden Vegetables
These grilled garden vegetables are the perfect addition to any meal and a great way to use that fresh produce that’s arriving in stores! Plus, as an extra bonus these veggies can almost cook themselves! With just a little seasoning you can feel good about enjoying this side dish with the whole family.
- Corn on the cob (still in the shuck)
- Yellow Squash
- 2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Dill Weed
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Parsley to finish
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees
- Prepare zucchini and squash by washing them, trimming both ends off of them, cutting them in half length-wise, and cutting them in half width-wise. This should give you approximately 4 “chunks” of squash and zucchini for each vegetable you have. Toss the vegetables with olive oil and about half of your seasoning mixture.
- Prepare the corn by simply removing any long loose shuck pieces from the top of the ear, but leave the majority of the husk intact. This will ensure the corn cooks evenly and will help to keep the moisture locked in while cooking.
- Take all vegetables out to your preheated grill. Place the corn, still in its husk, on the grill with the tip of the ear facing the front of the grill. Place your squash and zucchini on the grill however they will fit.
- Grill vegetables for approximately 15 minutes, turning corn every 3-4 minutes, and flipping the squash and zucchini at least once halfway through cooking
- Once your veggies have finished cooking, remove them from the grill and take them back indoors. Sprinkle your squash and zucchini with a small amount of your seasoning mixture. Remove corn from the husks, apply butter (dairy-free) to the corn, sprinkle your seasoning mixture on, and finish off with a little parsley for presentation.
- Your sides are now ready to enjoy! Pair them with your favorite entrees to have a homemade meal that’s sure to be a home run!