Easy Breakfast Burritos
Summer is officially here! (At least when it comes to the school year.) That means the kids will be home every morning, always looking for food. Well these easy breakfast burritos are perfect for them or anyone looking for a quick, delicious way to start their day off! Even better, you can make these over the weekend and enjoy them all week long! We’ve also got the options for these be made vegetarian, vegan, and/or gluten free!
- 6-8 tortillas (use gluten free if needed)
- 1/2-1 pound sausage – ground (use meatless if preferred, like Beyond Meat Sausage)
- 6 eggs – scrambled (use quick tofu egg replacement recipe below if vegan)
- About 1 Cup shredded cheese of choice (Follow Your Heart, Daiya, or other if dairy free)
Tofu Egg Replacement Ingredients:
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, vegetable, coconut, etc.)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground parsley
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- If using tofu egg replacement, drain block of tofu. Heat large skillet over medium heat with oil. Break your tofu into small chunks and put them in the skillet.
- Proceed to stir and break the tofu up until it’s the size you prefer and starts to brown around the edges.
- Once it’s browning add in your spices and proceed to cook for about another 5 minutes until all of the liquid is cooked out of the pan.
- Prepare Scrambled Eggs or Tofu Egg replacement
- In a large skillet brown sausage in oil. If not using already ground, cut sausage into pieces and use a potato masher to break the pieces up into grounds.
- Get your tortillas out and line them up. Place the cheese you’d prefer on the tortilla and top with egg, a little more cheese, and top with sausage.
- Roll the burrito up and wrap in foil. If they’ll be eaten in 2-3 days you can store them in the fridge. If they’ll be eaten much past 3 days, wrap them tightly and put them in the freezer.
- To warm these up, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If they were in the refrigerator heat them up for about 7-10 minutes. If they were in the freezer, keep them in for 18-20 minutes, checking them to be sure the tortilla doesn’t get too warm.
- Top with hot sauce, salt and pepper, or anything else you’d prefer, and Enjoy!
Share this post?
BUILD HEALTHY BONE TISSUE
Calcium receives much of the attention when discussing building healthy bones. Calcium is important in supporting healthy bones as does magnesium and other minerals. But vitamin K2, when combined with