White Turkey Chili Recipe
- 4 T coconut oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T whole cumin seeds
- 3 (15.5 oz) cans navy beans, rinsed, and drained
- 2 ½ c chicken broth (more or less, as desired for consistency)
- 3 (4 oz) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 ½ t salt (or to taste)
- 1 ½ t dried oregano
- ¾ t freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ t cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ c sour cream
- ¾ c heavy whipping cream
- Sauté onions and garlic in coconut oil until just beginning to soften, add ground turkey and cook until turkey is no longer pink. Set aside.
- In dry skillet, toast cumin seeds just until fragrant and slightly darker. Let cool, then grind into powder.
- Mix beans, broth, chiles, salt, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and cumin into turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream until blended.