Sweet Chili Tofu Noodles
Looking for something to spice up dinner this weekend? How about a meal that is full of vitamins and minerals to keep your body running right?! Then try this recipe for sweet chili tofu noodles! It’s a healthy option that is full of flavor and packed with things to keep you feeling your best. Soba noodles are gluten free and naturally contain iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, and potassium. The edamame, carrots, and broccoli provide tons of nutrients in the form of vitamins A, B1, B6, C, K1, biotin, fiber, and Omega-3 just to name a few. The chili tofu not only gives you all eight essential amino acids, it is also a good punch of flavor to keep your taste buds entertained while your body takes in everything this meal has to offer!
Ingredients for tofu/marinade:
Orange juice – 1 Cup
Lemon juice – ¼ Cup
Sweet chili sauce – 1/3 Cup
Hoisin sauce – 1 tbsp
Sriracha sauce – 2 tbsp (We recommend All Natural Sky Valley Sriracha)
Soy sauce – 4 tbsp
Tofu – firm, pressed, and drained
Corn Flour – enough to cover tofu pieces
Soba Noodles – 1 package
Edamame – ½ Cup
Carrots – 2 whole
Broccoli – 1 head
Vegetable oil – ¼ cup
Toasted Sesame Seeds – as needed for garnish
How to Make:
- Drain tofu. Remove tofu from package and wrap in paper towels. Place wrapped tofu on plate and put a heavy object on top of it to “press” the remaining water out of it. This may take 10 minutes or so to remove all of the water (if towels become oversaturated, remove them, replace with fresh towels and continue process.)
- Prepare soba noodles according to package directions. Drain, run under cold water, set noodles aside until needed.
- Use a julienne peeler to slice carrots into long strings, chop broccoli into bite size pieces depending on your preference, set these aside.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add orange juice, lemon juice, sweet chili sauce, chili paste, sriracha, and soy sauce. Heat this until it starts to boil and becomes well incorporated. Set aside, still in skillet.
- Cut your block of tofu into equal size squares. Lay these squares on a baking sheet and cover them with corn flour. You might need to adjust tofu to get all sides covered in flour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a different skillet than your sauce, add tofu and brown on all sides.
- Once tofu is brown, add your marinade back to the heat, and put your tofu in the marinade. Add your broccoli and edamame to the mixture as well to get it all warmed through evenly.
- Add your soba noodles to a bowl, place your tofu and veggies on top of the noodles. Then add your carrots and garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!!
Share this post?
BUILD HEALTHY BONE TISSUE
Calcium receives much of the attention when discussing building healthy bones. Calcium is important in supporting healthy bones as does magnesium and other minerals. But vitamin K2, when combined with