Raw Mixed Berry & Vanilla Bean Vegan Cheesecake
This raw cheesecake is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, paleo
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Freeze Time: At least 5 hours
- 3-1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 vanilla beans scraped
- 1-1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup raw pecans
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 10 Medjool dates pitted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 T raw honey or maple syrup
- Place all crust ingredients and ½ cup of the shredded coconut) into a food processor. (Note: You’ll use the remaining coconut later) Pulse the processor until the ingredients are mixed to your desired level of texture (chunky or fine).
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of coconut in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan to help prevent sticking (use parchment paper first if desired) Place the crust mixture on top and gently flatten it with your fingers on the bottom of the pan.
- For the cheesecake filling, place all ingredients in a high-powered blender which results in a creamy and fine filling or use your (cleaned) food processor. Blend for a minute or two until thick and creamy.
- Pour your filling on top of the crust. Shake pan gently to remove air bubbles. Place pan in freezer for 30 minutes.
- While your cheesecake is hardening in the freezer, make the topping. Place all of the topping ingredients in your (cleaned) food processor and pulse for 30 seconds. Set aside until cheesecake has hardened.
- After 30 minutes, your cheesecake should have hardened enough to place the topping on. Gently spoon the berry mixture on top and place back in the freezer. Freeze your cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving.
- When you’re ready to serve the cheesecake, set out for at least 20 minutes before eating. It will be much easier to slice after it is softened. Garnish with additional berries and enjoy!