Pulled BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches
Looking for a new take on an old classic?! Then you’ve come to the right place! These barbecue pulled jackfruit sandwiches are just what the doctor ordered. The jackfruit cooks down nicely, absorbing the barbecue sauce, and shredding just like pulled pork would. Topped with your favorite coleslaw or pickles, you won’t be disappointed by this healthy, new-age alternative!
- 2 cans Young Green Jackfruit – in water, not brine
- 1 cup BBQ sauce – your choice! Smoky, spicy, sweet, hickory, etc.
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder (optional)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil
Buns of your choice
- Drain your cans of jackfruit, rinse, and dry. Once your jackfruit is dried thoroughly, cut off the center “core” from the pieces and throw them out.
- In a large mixing bowl, place your jackfruit and add your dry seasonings. Toss to coat until evenly distributed.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil. Once the oil is warm, add your jackfruit and toss to coat it in the oil. Heat the jackfruit until it starts to get some color.
- Add your barbecue sauce to your jackfruit and stir to coat it all. Add a ¼ cup of water or more to thin the barbecue out into a nice sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with a lid, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove lid to stir occasionally and use a fork to help pull the jackfruit apart.
- After simmering is complete, turn the heat back up for just a few minutes to finish off the jackfruit with a nice texture before serving!
- Serve with your favorite buns, toppings, and sides!
Share this post?
BUILD HEALTHY BONE TISSUE
Calcium receives much of the attention when discussing building healthy bones. Calcium is important in supporting healthy bones as does magnesium and other minerals. But vitamin K2, when combined with