EASY COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN
This healthy version of an Indian favorite is perfect when you’re crunched for time.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 3 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. high quality curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper or cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs. chicken legs or thighs, skin-on, bone-in (may use skinless,boneless thighs)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In small bowl, combine coconut oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, ginger, salt, and pepper, and whisk to form a smooth sauce.
- Arrange chicken in roasting pan or casserole dish. Generously brush tops and sides of each piece with sauce.
- Roast until golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes.
This is a terrific dish for batch cooking. Consider doubling up the recipe and making it on Sunday for grab-and-go chicken all week. Chop up leftover chicken with a little mayo and lemon juice for a delicious chicken salad or reheat whole pieces for a quick warm and tasty meal. (The toaster oven, unlike the microwave, will keep the skin crisp.) Enjoy!
Share this post?
OXALATES CAN MAKE YOU SICK
Thanks to a dear long-time customer, I learned about a new book by Sally Norton titled Toxic Superfoods that discusses how oxalates found in many