WHITE BEAN SOUP
This easy White Bean Soup is loaded with fresh veggies and will keep you cozy all winter. It’s freezer-friendly too, so don’t forget to freeze some for later!
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled & sliced into coins
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 t kosher salt
- ½ t fresh ground pepper
- ½ t dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (15.5oz each) Great Northern or Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Toasted bread slices, for serving (optional)
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat in a 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and parsley to the heated oil; cook for 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add vegetable broth; stir in salt, pepper, dried oregano, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans; continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with toasted bread slices or grab some of our fresh made corn bread in our Deli!