WHITE BEAN SOUP
This easy White Bean Soup is loaded with fresh veggies and will keep you cozy all winter. It’s freezer-friendly too, so don’t forget to freeze some for later!
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled & sliced into coins
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 t kosher salt
- ½ t fresh ground pepper
- ½ t dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (15.5oz each) Great Northern or Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Toasted bread slices, for serving (optional)
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat in a 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and parsley to the heated oil; cook for 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add vegetable broth; stir in salt, pepper, dried oregano, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans; continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with toasted bread slices or grab some of our fresh made corn bread in our Deli!
Share this post?
BUILD HEALTHY BONE TISSUE
Calcium receives much of the attention when discussing building healthy bones. Calcium is important in supporting healthy bones as does magnesium and other minerals. But vitamin K2, when combined with