VIBRANT SUMMER PASTA SALAD
This refreshing summer salad is quick to make and a great side dish for home and pitch-ins! It’s vegetarian and dairy-free.
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- 16oz Rotini Pasta (Twists)
- 1 pint cherry (or grape) tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, julienned
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup mixed seeded olives, whole or halved
- 6 T olive oil
- 4 T red wine vinegar
- 4 t Dijon mustard
- 2 t honey
- 4 lg. garlic cloves, minced
- 2 t dried oregano
- 1 t ground black pepper
- ½ t dried thyme
- ½ t sea salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Place prepared vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients until emulsified.
- Toss pasta with prepared vegetables, olives, chickpeas, and vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve. Enjoy!
* Or use Tessemae’s Classic Italian Dressing or Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette.
Use organic produce and products if possible.
Non-vegetarians: If desired, add grilled chicken pieces before tossing.
Share this post?
BUILD HEALTHY BONE TISSUE
Calcium receives much of the attention when discussing building healthy bones. Calcium is important in supporting healthy bones as does magnesium and other minerals. But vitamin K2, when combined with