MEDITERRANEAN BEAN SALAD
This colorful and crunchy Mediterranean Bean Salad is the perfect side salad for the 4th of July! It will take you through picnic and barbecue season with ease, and you’ll want to make up a big batch to keep in the fridge for quick and healthy lunches!
Prep Time15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 15 ounce can of cannellini beans, drained and well rinsed
- 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- 2 small Persian cucumbers halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (do not peel)
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peppadew peppers roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives halved
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives halved
- 1 cup assorted colorful bell peppers diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichokes
- about 10 large basil leaves shredded
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar or more to taste
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs: thyme, oregano, and rosemary
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and taste to adjust any of them. Add more vinegar if you want a tangier flavor. Set aside.
- Put the beans in a large salad bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss with a generous amount of the dressing.
- The salad will keep, well covered, for several days in the refrigerator.
- Note: As with all bean salads, be sure to give it a quick toss just before serving if it’s been sitting, the dressing will tend to settle at the bottom
Those delicious cannellini beans are delicate! Be gentle when you rinse and toss them. This is a great salad to store in mason jars for grab and go lunches.
Author: Sue Moran