Mixed Greens and Berry Salad
Summer heat is in full force, back-to-school is right around the corner, and keeping your brain sharp is the last thing on your mind! Try this recipe for a quick, healthy, tasty salad packed with nutrients to keep both your mind and your body running strong! Full of foods proven to help with brain power, you can feel ready to tackle any challenge after a lunch or dinner like this.
- Fresh Mixed Greens of your choice – romaine, red or green leaf lettuce, arugula, baby spinach, and/or kale
- Fresh Berries of your choice – raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, and/or blackberries
- ½ cup Walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup Pumpkin seeds
- ½ Avocado, diced
- 1 Apple, chopped
- Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese – (sub dairy free if needed)
This is for a home made easy Vinaigrette but feel free to use any store-bought dressing if you like!
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced then pressed into a paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of your dressing ingredients and mix vigorously until well incorporated. Transfer to a container to store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Now chop your walnuts, apple, and avocado. Also, slice any berries if you prefer them to be smaller.
- Combine all greens, berries, fruits, nuts, and seeds and toss to incorporate, leaving a few berries and nuts to top your salad with along with parmesan.
- Prepare a bowl of salad, top with parmesan, berries, and nuts! Drizzle your vinaigrette over the top and enjoy!
Share this post?
BUILD HEALTHY BONE TISSUE
Calcium receives much of the attention when discussing building healthy bones. Calcium is important in supporting healthy bones as does magnesium and other minerals. But vitamin K2, when combined with