Easy Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Looking for a quick out of the ordinary dinner idea the whole family will love? Or perhaps you’re having a few friends over and you were looking to impress them with your culinary skills. Well look no further! We have the recipe for you! These tofu lettuce wraps are not only easy to put together but they are sure to leave your friends or family raving about how good they are. Plus, the best part? These are vegan and gluten free!! So indulge your craving and enjoy these until your heart’s content!
- 10 Romaine Lettuce Cups (amount might vary depending on size of cups)
- 2 Carrots – peeled and finely grated
- Other half of Green Onions
- 3 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce (can omit if sensitive to spice/heat)
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable or Olive Oil
- 1 Block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed (wrap tofu block in towels, and set a heavy object on it, leave 5 minutes. Replace towels. Repeat process one more time)
- 8 oz. of mushrooms, rinsed and finely diced
- 8 oz. can of water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 5 Green onions, thinly sliced (half for filling and half for topping)
- In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside until later needed.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a large skillet (cast iron if available). Once oil is hot, crumble tofu with your fingers into skillet. Continue to break down into smaller pieces as you stir. After 5 minutes of cooking the tofu, add in your diced mushrooms. Continue to cook together for around 5-10 additional minutes, stirring often, until the tofu is a golden brown.
- Now add in your garlic, ginger, water chestnuts, red pepper flakes, and half your green onions. Cook together for approximately 2-3 minutes, until garlic and ginger become very fragrant.
- Pour the sauce you made earlier over the top of the filling and continue to cook for about a minute, or until the sauce is warmed through. Make sure that the sauce is fully incorporated into the mixture.
- You are ready to eat! Fill the lettuce cups with the tofu mixture, top with sliced green onions, grated carrots, and sriracha sauce!
Share this post?
BUILD HEALTHY BONE TISSUE
Calcium receives much of the attention when discussing building healthy bones. Calcium is important in supporting healthy bones as does magnesium and other minerals. But vitamin K2, when combined with