Earl Grey Lavender Latte
- 1 tablespoon loose leaf Earl Grey tea
- 1 teaspoon food grade lavender
- 1 hot cup water
- ½ cup organic whole milk, steamed
- ½ -1 teaspoon vanilla lavender syrup to taste
Vanilla Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup local honey (or sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons culinary lavender buds
- 1 vanilla bean, split open with seeds removed
Combine earl grey loose leaf tea and culinary lavender in a tea infuser. Place infuser into hot cup of water until you have brewed a strong cup of Lavender Earl Grey tea. Steam your milk and add steamed milk and vanilla lavender syrup (recipe below) to freshly brewed cup of tea.
Mix and sip!
Combine the honey (or sugar) and water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the lavender, the seeds from the vanilla bean, and the vanilla pod. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture starts to thicken. Let cool slightly then pour through a mesh strainer to remove lavender and the vanilla beans. Store the syrup into a glass jar or bottle.