Looking for a great way to surprise that special someone for Valentine’s Day? Want to bring something delicious to your Galentine’s celebration? Just love delicious desserts and don’t need a special reason to enjoy one? Then you’re in luck because this dairy-free cheesecake recipe is not going to disappoint! It’s creamy, smooth, and can be topped with whatever your heart desires! Try it and let us know what you think!
- Crust (can be store bought or homemade)
- 32 ounces dairy-free cream cheese (bring to room temperature by sitting it out for approximately 30 minutes)
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs (or egg replacer for 4 eggs if vegan. If using eggs, sit out with cream cheese)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free sour cream (plus a few more tablespoons for finishing)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fruit topping of your choice! (you can make your favorite from scratch or buy a can of pie topping for a quick delicious topping for this cheesecake!)
- First, get your crust ready for filling. If you’re making one, get that done before starting this. If you’re using a premade one, jump right in!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add the cream cheese to a bowl and use a hand mixer (or a stand mixer if available) to beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth. Then, add your sugar and continue to mix for an additional few minutes until well incorporated and smooth.
- Add your eggs (or egg replacer) and beat until they are well combined with the cream cheese.
- Next, add the 1/3 cup of sour cream and mix to combine, being sure to scrape the sides down as you go. Add your lemon juice and vanilla extract now and mix in to your filling evenly.
- Pour your filling into the prepared crust and gently tap the pan and crust to ensure the filling settles evenly. Then, place it in the oven for approximately 1 hour or until the top of your cheesecake is starting to brown.
- Once cheesecake is removed from the oven, use the few tablespoons of additional sour cream to fill in any cracks that might have come about during the baking process. Then, transfer to a cooling rack and allow to rest for 2 hours or until completely cool.
- Once cooled, place in the refrigerator to chill for 2 – 3 hours. Remove from the fridge, top with your fruit topping, and place back in the fridge for an additional hour at least.
- Serve and enjoy!