Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 5 cups peeled and chopped carrots (approx. 7 large carrots)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (use light if desired for a lower fat soup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in either 2 tsp of olive oil, vegetable stock or water for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the ginger, carrot and spices, stir to combine and cook for another few minutes. Add a little splash of vegetable broth if the pan starts to dry out.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and let simmer lightly, uncovered for about 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
- Either use an immersion blender right in the pot or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve right away with toppings like fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, or store in the fridge up to 5 days.