Black Bean and Vegetable Quesadillas
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 1 cup fresh, frozen or canned corn (drained), spinach, mushrooms, squash or peppers*
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 10 medium whole wheat quesadillas
*may use several vegetables if desired, one cup each
- Drain and rinse the can of beans.
- Place the beans, corn, and onions in a small pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Bring to medium heat and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until onions are translucent. Take off heat.
- Place about one-half cup of the filling on one side of each tortilla, top with about 1/4 cup of cheese, and fold in half.
- Cook each quesadilla in a skillet on medium heat until brown and crispy and cheese has melted (usually about two to four minutes on each side).