Black Bean and Vegetable Quesadillas
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 1 cup fresh, frozen or canned corn (drained), spinach, mushrooms, squash or peppers*
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 10 medium whole wheat quesadillas
*may use several vegetables if desired, one cup each
- Drain and rinse the can of beans.
- Place the beans, corn, and onions in a small pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Bring to medium heat and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until onions are translucent. Take off heat.
- Place about one-half cup of the filling on one side of each tortilla, top with about 1/4 cup of cheese, and fold in half.
- Cook each quesadilla in a skillet on medium heat until brown and crispy and cheese has melted (usually about two to four minutes on each side).
Share this post?
OXALATES CAN MAKE YOU SICK
Thanks to a dear long-time customer, I learned about a new book by Sally Norton titled Toxic Superfoods that discusses how oxalates found in many