This simple breakfast casserole is an easy way to make sure your family and friends in town for the Holidays wake up and start their day off right! Plus, you can make this ahead of time and only need to warm it up the morning of enjoying.
- 1 bag frozen shredded potatoes (homemade, if preferred. Reduce cooking time if fresh)
- 1-pound breakfast sausage (meatless, if desired)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (dairy-free, if desired)
- 6 eggs (or egg substitute)
- ½ cup milk (sub plant milk, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- While the oven is preheating, brown your sausage in a skillet with a small amount of oil. Once browned, cut or crumble the sausage depending on how you want it.
- Grease a casserole dish and place a layer of the frozen potatoes evenly across the bottom.
- Now, place your chopped or crumbled sausage over the top of the potatoes in an even layer. Next, put a layer of cheddar cheese over the top of the potatoes and sausage. Repeat this process until potatoes, sausage, and cheese are all used, ensuring the cheese is the top layer.
- Mix your eggs or egg substitute with the milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the layers of potatoes, sausage, and cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. (if frozen, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes)