Summer’s winding down and fresh produce is in full swing! Whether you have a garden full of produce or you’re enjoying the fresh selection at your local market like Georgetown, this Salsa recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Plus it makes good use of a few garden favorites like tomatoes and jalapenos! It’s simple, delicious, and quick to throw together!
- 4 Medium sized tomatoes – quartered and seeds removed
- 2-4 Jalapeno peppers – quartered and seeds removed, (quantity depends how hot you want it)
- 1 Medium red onion – peeled and quartered
- 3 Cloves garlic – peeled
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro – loosely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 Teaspoons sugar
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 8-Ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 4.5-Ounce can diced chilies
- In a large food processor place your tomatoes and onion. Pulse a few times to start to break up the large pieces.
- Add your garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and spices. Pulse until this is mixed well and a fine dice is achieved.
- Now add in your crushed tomatoes and green chilies to this mixture. Pulse a few times to incorporate these and your salsa is ready!
- Transfer to a bowl or airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat!