Warmer weather is finally here, which means it’s time to fire up the grill! This recipe for homemade pizza on the grill is perfect for a nice date night, having friends over, or a fun family dinner that everyone can help make! As a bonus, from start to finish this recipe should be ready to go in less than an hour!
For the crust:
- 2-3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water, very warm but not “too hot to handle”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2.5 ounces fast rising yeast
For the pizza toppings: (these are suggestions, use these or others you might prefer)
- Pizza sauce
- Cheese (Dairy Free if preferred)
- Sausage (meatless if preferred)
- Banana Peppers
- Black Olives
- Green Peppers
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Preheat grill to about 400 degrees. You want the grill to have a nice consistent heat before adding your pizza to the grates.
- In a large bowl combine your flour, yeast, and salt. Mix these ingredients together until they are well incorporated. Now add your olive oil and your warm water to this mixture and fully incorporate these parts, kneading for about 5 to 10 minutes. Once it’s well combined, allow the dough to sit for about 10 minutes to rise.
- Now shape your dough into the crust you would like on an oiled baking sheet or parchment lined pan. Be sure to try and get the dough as even as possible so that as it bakes it rises evenly.
- Put your pizza sauce on, top with whatever ingredients you choose, and your pizza is ready to bake!
- Take the pizza out to your grill, let it bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden, and voila! Remove your pizza from the grill, let it cool for a few moments, and you’re now ready to slice and enjoy!