12 Ounces Pasta of your choice (sub Gluten Free if needed!)
1 Cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 Cup of Fresh chopped Basil (extra whole basil for serving)
2 Tbsp Cashew Parmesan Cheese (can be made by combining 3/4 cup of raw cashews, 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp garlic powder in a food processor and combining until a powder like texture is achieved, just a few pulses)
5 Cloves of Garlic
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, set aside once finished.
- In a food processor, add the tomatoes in olive oil, basil, parmesan, and garlic. Process until the consistency is that of a pesto, a little chunkier the better. If it’s too thick, simply add a few Tbsp of the pasta water to thin it out
- Drain pasta and keep in the pot it was cooked. Add the pesto sauce, a little extra oil, and a dash of fresh basil and toss to coat the pasta evenly
- Pasta is ready to serve topped with additional fresh basil and cashew parmesan to taste!
- This can be served fresh warm, at room temperature, or you can chill it and take it along to cook outs as a refreshing side!