Won’t Miss the Meat Chili
- 2 Poblano peppers – roasted
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper – roasted
- 1 Green pepper – roasted
- 1 Large yellow onion – diced
- 3 Cloves garlic – minced
- 1 Ear sweet corn – removed from cob
- 2 Chili pepper in adobo sauce – diced
- 2 Cans organic petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Can organic tomato sauce
- 1 Can organic black beans – drained
- 1 Can organic light red kidney beans – drained
- 1 Can organic dark red kidney beans – drained
- 5 Cups Vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp hickory salt (If not available 1tbsp salt + 1tbsp liquid smoke)
- 2 Cups pasta of your choosing – cooked separately
- 2 Tbsp Organic Olive Oil
- Preheat your grill to medium high. Rinse your peppers and cover them with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Ensure they are evenly coated. Place peppers directly on the grill, first the green pepper, then after 3-5 minutes the poblano peppers, then after 3 minutes the jalapeno. Continue to turn every few minutes to get all sides charred. Should take around 15-20 minutes total. Once charred, remove peppers from grill and take inside to cool while preparing the rest of the chili.
- Place your yellow onion in the bottom of your stock pot with 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté. After the first few minutes add 1 chili pepper in adobo sauce and continue to sauté the rest of the way.
- Once onions are golden and caramelized, add 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes as well as the tomato sauce. Let all simmer together 3-5 minutes.
- Now is a good time to start taking the skins off of your roasted peppers. Pull the loose, charred skin away from your peppers and discard. Once all skin is removed, slice peppers open, take all seeds out and set aside. After you have removed all of the seeds, dice your peppers and put them into your chili.
- Add all of your beans, corn, vegetable broth and salt to the mixture now. Bring this to a boil, then turn down to a simmer, cover, and let sit for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare your pasta according to package directions while your chili is simmering.
- Drain pasta, remove chili from heat, and serve! (Top with crackers, jalapenos, and a dairy free cheese or sour cream for a vegan meal sure to “Wow” anyone who tries it!)