Everyone loves to snack at parties.
Imagine buying bulk for your next party: you can shop ahead, mix up creative and delectable snacks, and have an inexpensive, yet tasty, party!
Avoid the steep prices of pre-packaged snacks that you can make easily at home. Browse the bulk bins at your local health food store to find a wide variety of nuts, dried fruits, and spices. You can buy as much or as little as you need depending on how many people you invite! When you buy bulk ingredients for your snack recipes, the ingredients are fresher, less expensive, and better for you!
You bought everything in bulk, saving money and time. Here are some delicious recipes that require little effort and few ingredients—but will be a hit at your next party:
Dark Chocolate Drops
- Spread parchment or wax paper over a hard surface.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave for about a minute (15 seconds at a time, as to not scorch). Stir until smooth.
- Drop the chocolate by the teaspoon onto the paper, spacing so the chocolate does not touch.
- Sprinkle chopped bits of your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits chocolate while it is still warm. We like pepitas, pistachios and papaya! Get creative and colorful!
- Let them cool and set. Enjoy!
Sweet & Spicy Cashews
- Mix together ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon dried ginger, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, and ½ cup chopped, dried pineapple.
- Sauté 2 tablespoons of olive oil (try coconut oil for a healthy twist!) over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of dried chili flakes and toast until fragrant. Add about 8 ounces each of unsalted cashews and salted peanuts (or your favorite substitute). Stir for about 5 minutes, then add 1 tablespoon each of Annie’s Naturals Organic Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. Cook until the liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Toss the nuts with the spice mixture and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 250 degrees, until the nuts are dry.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Now, get down to planning your party. All your friends and neighbors will wonder how you did it.
And you don’t have to tell them your secret—that you buy bulk and make easy recipes—but you should!